Thursday, March 3, 2022

Romance Review: The Lady Gets Lucky

 


* Book 2 in the Fifth Avenue Rebels series * 

Alice Lusk has two problems: shyness and her mother. While she can't change her mother, an idea begins to form on how she can overcome her shyness. Alice approaches Kit, a known rake, for a lessons on seduction. 

Kit can't believe his ears, but the idea tempts him. He's seen Alice's mother scold her in public. He knows she needs every advantage. But what starts out as innocent fun turns into something more.
My Thoughts: I enjoyed how this book overlaps with the first book in the series - at the house party. We see some familiar events from a different perspective. I'm happy getting to know Alice. Her mother is awful and it's so nice for her to have a happy ending. I loved her knowledge about food and her love of cooking and baking. I liked her bargain with Kit. I loved how people admired Alice and wanted to befriend her in spite of her mother. While I'm looking forward to the next book, I really hope we get Nellie's story because I want to learn more about her!

Cover Thoughts: Sexy
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: This is a Gilded Age series - which is having a moment right now thanks to the HBO show. Highly recommended for your public library's romance collection. 

No comments: