Monday, March 7, 2022

Review: Brewed Awakenings

 


* Book 18 in the Coffeehouse Mystery series *

Clare wakes up on a bench in Washington Park with no memory of the last several years. She believes her divorce is recent and that her daughter is still young. It's a shock to her to discover the truth - she's lost her memories.

To make matters worse, the police want to question her for the disappearance of a woman. Clare might have been with the woman when she vanished. The authorities are convinced she knows something, but Clare doesn't understand. She doesn't remember her past investigations. 

Clare needs to figure something out and fast - before the authorities or someone worse captures her.
My Thoughts: I really enjoy this series - and I'm not a coffee drinker. But I do love the atmosphere of the coffee shop and the characters. This one was a great addition to the series - I enjoyed watching Clare struggle through her memories and reexamine her life. I had come around to Matt and this book soured me on him a little again. Looking forward to the next book in this mouth-watering series.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: This is a great cozy for your public library's collection.

Bookstagram:
Just a little thought about what the coffeeshop might look like....

No comments: