Saturday, January 11, 2020

Movie Review: Little Women




Little Women

I went into this movie with very high expectations - after all the buzz I'd been hearing but also because I love the story. And this movie did not disappoint.

It's a near PERFECT movie.

It's emotional, feminist, and real.

I have to admit that Amy *almost* won me over. She really is the worst sister.

I cried many times over the long movie.

I loved the timelines and how they came together.

Jo March was one of my first heroines and Saoirse Ronan did her justice. 

I loved seeing the book come together and I loved Jo's talks with the editor. He was funny.

I loved seeing Beth's relationship develop more with Mr. Lawrence. 

While I haven't read this book in years, I found it very faithful to the story. 

If you haven't seen it yet, do your self a favor and go. Immediately.  

Also I'm excited to read both of these books to have MORE Little Women!
Meg and JoMore to the Story

No comments: