Monday, July 29, 2019

Graphic Novel Review: Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy


Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Graphic Novel: A Modern Retelling of Little Women
A modernized version of Little Women where four sisters in a blended biracial family must work together to overcome life's challenges.

My Thoughts: I love the story of Little Women, so I grabbed this as soon as I saw it on the shelf. And I devoured it. It was SO GOOD. Of course I cried my way through the sad parts. It remains true to the original storyline but modernized. For example: Mr. March is in Afghanistan and the girls send him emails instead of letters. It did only cover the first novel of Little Women. I'm hoping that the second volume is in the works and will cover Good Wives (although I realize that might be too hard to do in the modern YA world). Perfect for handing out to readers who enjoy either graphic novels or for readers who love Little Women.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have graphic novel for school and public libraries. 

No comments: