Friday, July 14, 2017

YA Stands For


This is #IReadYA week 

I've written about my love for YA several times. You can read them here.


But this year feels different to me. Maybe it's all the talk about diversity in the field or maybe it's all the terrible political news.  

I really thought there would be the first woman President in the White House this year. And because of that, my reading shifted a bit. I've gravitated towards feminist reads. Here's a few favorites from past years.

Girls who rescue themselves
Girls who save the world
Girls who kick ass

I read these books. I buy them for the library collection. I talk about them online. And I try to put them into the hands of other readers. Because it IS important. It's something that I can do. With enough females acknowledging our powers, we Can change the world.  

And I look for authors with similar values. I don't have to look too far. 

Twitter has become so much more political in this last year. There used to be a time when authors didn't talk politics. That's no longer possible. With this country in a downward spiral, I'm happy authors are voicing their opinions and sharing tips to try to change our world.



No comments: