Thursday, July 6, 2017

Review: Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies

Harper can't believe her ears; Shift magazine just called her asking her to be a last minute replacement intern for the summer. It's a dream come true to be able to write for the teen magazine. It almost doesn't matter that she's going to be their dating blogger and she's never been out on a date.

After a few missteps at the office, things start looking up for Harper. She's got a hot boy to potentially date, a great new guy friend, and fodder for her blog posts (who cares if it's not exactly true?) She's taking New York by storm and isn't about to let anything stand in her way.
My Thoughts: I really liked this book. It reminded me a little bit of a YA version of Shopaholic. Parts were really cute, parts made me cringe, and parts made me happy. I loved Ben and the dog moments. I really liked the blog posts and wish we could have seen more of the interns' work. The pressures of the interns, their moments of friendship, and exploring New York made this one a really fun read. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Great for both school and public libraries.

No comments: