Thursday, March 29, 2018

Romance Review: About that Kiss

About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)* Book 5 in the Heartbreaker Bay series *
Joe and Kylie kiss one night outside a bar. He can't stop thinking about it. That's all it could be - but then she shows up in his office needing a favor.

Someone stole a wooden carving her Grandfather made for her - one of the few things she has left from him. They're taunting her with it, holding it hostage - until she verifies two carved pieces are her grandfather's work at an auction house. One of them looks very similar, the other is definitely not his work. She can't attach her name to it. So she asks Joe for help in tracking down the piece, but she insists on accompanying him.

As they cross names off her list, their time together makes their feelings grow. Could there be something beyond kissing?
My Thoughts: I love this series - and this book was amazingly book. I loved how the penguin meant everything to Kylie. I loved learning more about her and her woodworking abilities. She's one tough cookie. I love her disguises. I love the banter between her and Joe. I love how she insisted on tagging along as her interrogated people. Of course they had amazing chemistry. Plus I loved seeing the gang and how things have worked out with all of them. Another winner to this series and luckily book 6 is coming in September! 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Buy all books from Jill Shalvis.

No comments: