Thursday, March 22, 2018

Review: Princess in Theory

A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1)
* First in a new Series *
Naledi hasn't had an easy childhood - nothing in her life has been easy since her parents died leaving her in the foster care system. Now she's in grad school and working, just trying to hold her head above water. It hasn't been easy. So when she meets Jamal, she's surprised to find a connection with him.

But Jamal isn't who is says he is; he's a Prince in disguise. Those emails, Ledi's been getting have been true all along. She knows he's different than other people - he's never ridden the subway before and he seems out of touch with certain everyday things. But she never expected him to become a Prince. She certainly never expected that she would have a past with him. Can they get over their past and have a future together?
My Thoughts: I was so anxious  and excited for this book; it didn't disappoint. There are SO MANY reasons to love this book that I can't list them all. Seriously just go read it.

But here are a few reasons why I loved it: Ledi didn't have time for games; she was serious about her life and her work.  I loved her STEM observations and her love for science and nerdy items. I loved how she figured out her relationships with her co-workers. I admired her toughness and her determination.  She didn't take crap - from anyone and it was amazing. I loved how she learned about her past and used it to help out her future. I loved the moments between Ledi and Jamal, especially their banter. I really enjoyed Likotsi and her closeness/openness with the prince. I adored the ending. I can't wait for the next book in the series - out this summer!

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: Gifted from my #Otspsecretsister
Library Recommendation: A must have for all public libraries

No comments: