Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: False Impressions

April can't understand the family dynamics of one of her Stamping Sisters. She can't fathom not claiming the ashes of a loved one.

Mary-Lou doesn't want to talk about her brother. April can't get it out of her mind. She simply doesn't understand. When Mary-Lou's daughter calls out of the blue, April learns more than she wanted to know.

J.B. isn't dead, he's in hiding. He's not proud of his past.

Not much later, April discovers his body left out in the cold. Someone wanted to shut him up for good.

April digs into his past to uncover what he knows and who wanted him dead.

My Thoughts: I couldn't put this one down - it was so engrossing. I never saw the ending coming. I really love the bits about the stamping circle. There's also one stamping project in the back of the book. The only part that doesn't ring true to me is the friendships of the stamping circle. April seems to be often on the outside of the circle.

Cover Thoughts: I really like it. I love the stamping products all over the ice.

Source: Inter-Library-Loan

No comments: