Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Picture Book Wednesday: Halloween Books


Just a few books for Halloween:

Four friends find a strange box with a note full of don'ts. Instead of following the instructions, they do the opposite....

A fun slightly scary book for Halloween with fun illustrations. 

On Halloween, the houses give out candy but this year, Lao Ye (Lilly's grandfather) wants to throw a party using family recipes. Lilly isn't sure that the neighbors will appreciate his food; she's worried. 

Lao Ye knows that making your family dishes is what helps others become part of that family. I love this message - of friendship, community, and sharing recipes. Simply a magical story. 

Cat doesn't like Halloween - for many reasons. Could there be something Cat likes about Halloween? 

No. There's nothing Cat likes about Halloween. Cat is a mix between Grumpy Cat and Bad Kitty. The ending is sweet. 

A party is happening on Halloween - but it's hard to decide the theme. There are so many choices. What would you choose?

I love how the party turned out. The costumes are very creative. I love how the whole family celebrated together. This rhyming story is super fun!

I expect more Halloween books to be arriving at the library any day now. I always loving seeing the new holiday picture books. 

No comments: