Friday, July 24, 2026

Review: Love in 280 Characters or Less

 


Sydney is headed off to college - she's excited but nervous. Her best friend Malcom seems to be hitting it out of the park. But she's struggling to make friends, to connect to her roommate, and to figure out what she wants.

Sydney loves writing and fashion. She writes an online blog and is active on twitter. The book is composed of her blog posts, tweets, and texts. Life isn't all that it's made up to be online - it gets messy.
Why I read it: I love college books and epistolary novels.

My Thoughts: I really loved this book - for the format, for the drama, and for Sydney's struggles. I like how she doesn't immediately fit in at school because it's more realistic. I love how she found an audience who admired/supported her writing. I love how Sydney's TA supports her but also guides her to different reading materials. There is a racial incident that shakes her world and changes everything. I wouldn't mind a sequel five years from now and seeing Sydney in the adult world.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your school and public library's collections.

No comments: