Friday, July 31, 2026

Review: Faraway Inn

 

Calisa travels to Vermont to spend the summer with her great aunt at her B&B. She needs to get out of New York City and away from the boy who just broke her heart. When she arrives, the B&B is more rundown than she imagined. Worse, her aunt isn't interested in her help. In fact, she's only allowing Calisa to stay for three days. 

Calisa is determined to make herself useful in hopes that it will prolong her stay. There aren't many guests, but she begins with making pancakes, cleaning rooms, and bringing back the afternoon tea time. 

Strange things start happening that Calisa can't explain. No one is answering her questions. In fact, her great aunt told her not to ask questions. But Calisa can't help but wonder if something more is happening here...
Why I read this book: I love Sarah Beth Durst's books and come on, look at that cover!

My Thoughts: I loved this book. I loved that it's set in Vermont. I love the setting and the description of nature. I enjoyed getting to know the guests, the quirks of the B&B, and the magic behind it all. I loved the relationship between Calisa and Jack, the groundskeeper's son. I couldn't put this book down, but I also didn't want it to end. This was a cozy read that wrapped you up like a warm hug.

Cover Thoughts: Charming and gorgeous
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have book for your school and public teen library section

No comments: