Thursday, July 18, 2024

Review: Summer Romance

 


Ali's mom died, sending her into a grieving spiral. Her husband decided he couldn't handle it and asked for a divorce. Ali was devastated. She' taking care of their three kids and attempting to piece her life back together. 

She meets a man at the dog park. Her dog pees on him and he's not mad about it. Ali becomes intrigued. She starts putting on real pants again and goes back the next day looking for him. He's not there but she does bump into him again.

Could this be the start of a summer romance? Sure, the rest of her life is a hot mess, but she deserves a little fun too.
My Thoughts: This was a fun read. I loved how Ali was into organizing but her own home was a hot mess. That makes sense to me. I also just wanted to give her a giant hug. Her husband was such a jerk, but I appreciate how he started getting better. The kids were super cute. I do wish there had been more friendship moments. I felt terrible for Ethan too - how everyone looked at him, especially his parents. I loved Ethan's lawyer moments - those were funny! Ethan is so supportive and opposite from Ali's ex-husband. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A great book for your romance collection - highly recommended.

No comments: