Saturday, June 29, 2024

TV Season Review: Bridgerton Season

 


Netflix

Having read the books 10+ years ago, I don't remember most of the details, but I LOVED them. 

I do think the show captures those feelings!

Things I Loved:
Polin
The moments between Penelope and her mother
The final ball  
Release the Bugs!
Eloise and Pen making up
Dowager Bridgerton and Lady Danbury
Francesca and John
Penelope and Madame Delacroix 
Benedict and Eloise moments - especially on the swings
the fight over the macarons 

Things I Wished:
That Colin wasn't so annoying over Lady Whistledown discovery and that he asked Penelope to give it up
More Polin scenes (less angry scenes)
I wished we saw more of Colin falling in Love
More scenes between Penelope and the Bridgertons
The mentioned why Daphne wasn't at either wedding
Kate and Antony's trip to India seemed strange

I didn't mind how Lady Whistledown ended - because I feel that Penelope will still be writing.  And that will be shown in the next series.

Overall, I really enjoyed the show. I hated that they split up the season. It's annoying.
I'm also not crazy about waiting 2 years for the next season. It's only 8 episodes. 

No comments: