Thursday, June 16, 2022

Review: By the Book

 


Isabelle's publishing career is not going as she expected. She's stuck in a rut with a boss who isn't interested in helping her out of her rut. When Isabelle overhears her boss complain about a client who hasn't turned in his manuscript, she offers to take matters into her own hands.

What Isabelle sees as a quick trip for a pep talk turns into a very different story. Instead, she's stuck in the house with a former child actor who hasn't written any pages of his memoir. Worse - he's grumpy and rude. But Isabelle's not about to give up; she's determined to make her dreams come true.
My Thoughts: An adult Disney book! I've been waiting for this series* my whole life! This Beauty and the Beast retelling was amazing. First, it's written by one of my favorite romance authors. Second, I love all the nods to the fairy tale. It's simply enchanting. I loved the moments about publishing, Isabelle's pep talks, and the chats about writing. And of course, I loved that library! I want to spend some time writing there. I loved the snack cupboard and all the food descriptions. 

Cover Thoughts: Adorable

Source: My Library

Library Recommendation: A must have book for your romance collection

* It's not technically a series with overlapping characters but an adult series of fairy tale retellings.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I have really liked the Jasmine Guillory books that I've read and do enjoy the occasional retelling of a famous story to this one sounds fun.