Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tween Tuesday Review: Wide Awake Princess

Due to a curse placed upon her sister, Princess Annie's resistant to magic. She's the perfect person to search the castle for any spinning wheels so her sister doesn't fall prey to one on her 16th birthday.  When a witch is found and the wheel destroyed, everyone breathes a sigh of relief.

But the danger isn't over. Soon the princess opens her gifts and pricks her finger. The kingdom falls asleep, all except for Annie. She knows that she must get help. She sets out to find a Prince, so he might wake her sister with True Love's kiss.

Even though she doesn't like her sister's boyfriend, she travels in his direction. Then she realizes that other Prince's might have a better shot and she gathers up every one she can find.  Will it be enough? Will someone be able to wake up her sister?

My Thoughts: I really really enjoyed this tale of blended fairy tales. I loved Princess Annie - she was intelligent, thoughtful, and determined.  I love the adventure that she went on - finding friends, helping others, and meeting other fairy tale characters. I really liked Liam and his role in the book (you really can't choose your family). The secondary characters added humor and depth to the story. Looking forward to the next chapter in the series.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library

2 comments:

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

This book is so stinking adorable and sweet. I love it! I didn't love the second one nearly as much and haven't read the third yet, but the first was fantastic. I love recommending it to kids! Great choice!

Anonymous said...

This sounds adorable! I can't wait to recommend this to my princess lovers!