Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Hard to Read

This week's topic is books that were hard to read. Most of the books I have a hard time reading because I know they're going to make me cry or give me all the feels. But sometimes it's the main character; if we do click, then it's hard for me to like the book. That includes some of their choices which I have a hard time getting past...

 

The Fault in Our Stars 
 This is probably the biggest one, but I read it this summer and I loved it even though it did make me cry

First Love 
I wasn't expecting this to be a YA Nicolas Sparks novel

On Two Feet and Wings by Abbas Kazerooni 
Powerful and sad that this was  based on a true story  

West of the Moon by Margi Preus 
I had to read this one, but it wasn't my cup of tea at all. 

Took me a while to get into these - mostly because of the characters and their flaws. While I ended up liking them overall, they made me hesitate.
 
Biggest Flirts by Jennifer EcholsFour Friends by Robyn Carr  Dancer, Daughter, Traitor, Spy by Elizabeth Kiem
Royally Lost by Angie Stanton Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge The Chance You Won't Return by Annie Cardi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling The Fault in Our Stars will be on a lot of lists this week. That one is just beautiful but it is really hard to read when you're bawling your eyes out. Haha.
My Top Ten Tuesday

Anonymous said...

I forgot about The Fault in Our Stars ... but yes that was so hard. So many tears.

Chelsea said...

I'm seeing TFiOS all over the place today. I didn't find that one hard to read, though the end had me crying the ugly tears.

I understand with Cruel Beauty. I started it awhile ago and wasn't immediately hooked so I put it down. I need to revisit it, though. Anything with ties to Beauty & The Beast I need to read.

Great list!
Chelsea @ Books Turn Brains

michellesminions said...

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Cruel Beauty. Every character was horrible and they all deserved bad things. I have only one book on my list, but if you read the reason, you'll understand why. It's on your list as well.

My TTT

Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

La Coccinelle said...

I've heard that Cruel Beauty isn't for everyone, but I'm still intrigued.

Bookmark Dragon said...

I didn't think to add Cruel Beauty to my list, but it totally qualifies! I had a really difficult time with that book.