Saturday, September 27, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Raging Heat

* Book 6 in the Nikki Heat Series *
Nikki Heat catches a case of an illegal immigrant falling from the sky and crashing into a building - with his hands tied his behind his back. As she digs into the murder, she finds herself a suspect.

Unfortunately, the man has clout - he's the Commission of the Port Authority. As the case widens, Rook believes that Heat's arrested the wrong man. His doubts, shared with others lead to a whole lot of trouble.  The man's let go and Heat finds herself accused of a witch hunt.

The clock's ticking on her murder investigation, especially since a hurricane's making it's way up the coast. Sandy's due to hit and everyone's predicting a major storm.

Can Heat get her murder investigation and her romance on track before taking cover for the storm?

My Thoughts: I really love this series - I love how it follows the show to a certain extent, but it also wildly different. I liked the setting of this book against Super Storm Sandy, it gave a sense of urgency to the book.Lots of action, danger, and romantic issues kept me turning the pages as fast as I could. I needed to see how everything was going to turn out - and oh - what an ending. I can't wait for the next book to see how Nikki adapts. If you're a Castle fan of if you like a great mystery with lots of action - read these books.

Cover Thoughts: Great
Source: My Library

No comments: