Monday, September 8, 2014

On Vacation Reading

The beauty of vacation reading is....getting to read whatever you want. I'm currently on vacation (it's the last day), and I decided to ignore all my obligation reading and just read for pure fun. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that obligation reading isn't fun - I really do enjoy it and it also helps me read outside my comfort zone. There's just something about reading what you've been wanting to read, waiting to read, wishing to read.

I took several books I've been excited about since getting at BEA. I told myself I wasn't going to bring any library books - but somehow two escaped into my bag. So far I've read 4 books - the two library books and two ARCs and I'm halfway through ARC number three.

It's relaxing and fun. Sometimes the ARC pressure builds up because while I want to read them, I don't want to read them too early or library books come in and then they're due. It's sort of a vicious cycle. But vacation is my perfect time to read them and I've enjoyed the three books that I've read/am reading while at the beach or just relaxing before bed.


Vacation gives me the freedom to do whatever I want - and I love that it extends to my reading as well.

No comments: