Monday, September 22, 2014

Review: I am the Mission


* Sequel to I am the Weapon (aka Boy Nobody) *
He's the perfect person for the job - no past, no ties, and no feelings. He's not supposed to have a future. He's an assassin; someone who follows orders without question.

His last mission went terribly wrong for the first time. He's having trouble getting over it. He's starting to think and to have feelings - which means he might no longer be the best.

He's not out yet, but he does have to prove himself.  He gets a new mission: a new objective and a new target. He's to take out Eugene Moore who owns and runs a military camp for teenagers. He's training them to be soldiers. On the surface, it seems legitimate, but when he goes in, he realizes it's anything but.

Nothing about the mission goes according to plan. He doesn't know who to believe or who to trust, including the Program. Will he complete the missions?
My Thoughts: I really loved this book; it's filled with action, danger, and a boy questioning everything in his life. I couldn't stop turning the pages to see what happened next. I felt bad for the way his life has been up until this point, coerced into becoming a weapon. I liked the mission - uncovering the truth behind the camps and understanding the people running it.  It's hard seeing people for who they really are, especially if you've been blinded.  The boy wrestles with himself and his loyalty, even in the midst of danger.  I loved Howard coming back, he allows the boy a softer side. The ending was amazing and now I can't wait for the third book in the series.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
 Source: ARC for review

No comments: