Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

This week's theme is authors you automatically purchase. Since I work in a library, most of my books come from the library. I have dozens of YA authors that I automatically purchase for the library.  Many of them happen to be authors that I gravitate towards, but that's not always the case.

 - meme from The Broke and the Bookish


On Both Lists:
  1. Meg Cabot
  2. Sarah Dessen
  3. Jen Calonita
  4. Jennifer Echols
  5. Susane Colasanti
  6. Ally Carter
  7. Jennifer Lynn Barnes
  8. Tera Lynn Childs
  9. Elizabeth Eulberg
  10. Rachel Caine

For My Patrons:
These are authors that write books that just aren't my thing or some authors, I've read a few of their books, but I don't rush to put their latest book on hold. Either way, but the teens and adult patrons gobble them up! 
  1. P.C. and Kristin Cast
  2. L.J. Smith (which also now includes other writers writing the same series)
  3. Darren Shan
  4. Kate Brian (mostly her series books)
  5. Mike Lupica
  6. Walter Dean Myers
  7. Bluford High series
  8. Simpsons Comics
  9. Christopher Paolini 
  10. James Patterson








5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list - I havent read many of these authors but if they made your auto-buy list, they must be good.

New follower :)
My TTT

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Completely agree with Cabot and Dessen! They're two of my favorite authors.

Great Top Ten! :)

Kay said...

Meg Cabot has made my auto-buy list as well. I really enjoyed her Princess Diaries books, her Heather Wells mystery series, and her queen of babble. Which have you read? I'm probably forgetting some.

My Top Ten

Jennifer Rummel said...

@Kay - I think I've read them all, with the exception of a few early romances that are out of print. If you like the mysteries - try the Mediator series!

Stephanie Allen said...

I gobbled up every single one of Meg Cabot's books in high school and still read everything she does. I've been less impressed with her Abandon series, but I'm still reading them because it's Meg Cabot.