Eloise doesn't want to celebrate Christmas. The person she usually celebrates with is now part of a couple. As she's retired with no family, Christmas hasn't seemed magical in years. On a whim she calls up a bed and breakfast in a summer tourist town.The owner at the B&B hasn't had any guests in the last year - not since Bart's wife died. He's rattling around alone in that big house. He's not sure he wants to open up the house, but he could use the money.When Eloise arrives, she's surprised to discover that she enjoys spending time with Bart. She's also surprised that there's another guest arriving. She's even more surprised when she learns the town is celebrating Christmas. She's not pleased but when a tragedy strikes, everything changes. When a young mother and a little boy need a place to stay, Christmas plans change.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I loved walking along the seaside town and seeing all the Christmas moments. I loved how the plans changed and how tragedy brought together people who needed each other. I really loved the found family - the friendships and the romances. I loved how Toby's excitement for the holidays boosted everyone's holiday spirits. A delightful holiday romance about found family, community, and the gift of kindness.
Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: Netgalley
Library Recommendations: A fantastic holiday romance for your public library's collection - highly recommended.
Hand this one too: Hallmark movie watchers. Perfect for readers of Debbie Macomber.


No comments:
Post a Comment