Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Read a Romance Book Day

I talk about Romance Books A LOT



Because I love them. 

There's something to be said about knowing the book will end happily.



I used to feel like they were a guilty pleasure. And then I read something where someone (I wish I remembered who) said guilty pleasures shouldn't make you feel guilty. And I realized reading romances simply made me happy.

I stopped hiding the romances I read from public eyes.
I started reading them in public.
I started telling people who might frown upon romances why I read them.
I started ordering books from the library knowing I might get judged by my reading habits.

I stopped caring what other people thought. Because romances made me happy.

And that's really all that mattered.

Now years later, I have read hundreds if not a thousand romance books. And I have hundreds more that I can't wait to read.


I read them because:
1. They end happily.
2. They're written by smart women
3. The banter between the heroine and the hero
4. The friendships (I read a lot of series and the friends all get books too)
5. The small town charm  - if contemporary
6. Historical fun - I've read about women doctors, women game makers, and women who run orphanages - they're all interesting and they speak to the historical moment of the times.
7. Strong women characters
8. Reading about first love
9. Anticipation of the first kiss
10. Broken Heroes

I'm always reading at least one romance.

Here are a few upcoming romances I can't wait to read.
Here are a few favorite couples and some favorite authors.

No comments: