Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Thankful

This week's topic is thankfulness, since it's Thanksgiving week here. Personally I'm thankful for so many things (see my post later in the week) but professionally (for my blog and also my library) I'm grateful for books that open my mind, allow me to see the world differently, or make me think. Here are a few of those books I read this year.
meme from The Broke and the Bookish 
For feminism

Girl Rising by Tanya Lee StoneVigilante by Kady CrossDie for You by Amy Fellner DominyMoxie by Jennifer MathieuThe Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean


To Learn about people different than me:
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya MenonWhat to Say Next by Julie BuxbaumMarch by John             LewisThe Hate U Give by Angie ThomasAlways and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny HanThe Gauntlet by Karuna Riazi

For my childhood self:
Real Friends by Shannon Hale

5 comments:

Marissa Writes said...

I love books that tell us about real lives that are different from ours - everyone experience life differently and books that take on the different angles are always welcome because empathy has to grow from experience, and reading is at least a small step towards living a different life.

Marissa

Reading List

Lisa Mandina said...

I really need to read The Hate U Give. I am going to do that either over Christmas break, or next March during spring break. Great list! Love the way you themed it.
Check out my Top 10

Jo said...

I like Sarah Maclean as well. I also enjoy your Gift posts-LOVE it!!
http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2017/11/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-authors.html

a booklion's hideaway said...

Ooh great list!! SO many of these books are on my tbr! I need to get through all of these soon!!
Here's my TTT

iloveheartlandX said...

I really need to get Moxie! It sounds so good :)
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/21/top-ten-tuesday-134/