Friday, June 16, 2017

Review: Starting Over on Blackberry Lane

 * Book 11 in Life in Icicle Falls series *
Icicle Falls changes for three women when a handy man arrives in town. They pool their money together to win a bid on his work at a fundraiser. Stefanie can't stand the fact that her husband starts projects and never finishes them. Griffin's decided to take a chance on her dreams and move to New York City, but her house needs some work before it will sell. Cass has a leaking roof, which desperately needs fixing.

As their home improvement needs get sorted out, their lives move forward in ways they couldn't imagine. Stefanie starts have marital issues when her husband's pride is hurt. Griffin isn't sure she should chase her dream because she doesn't want to leave Icicle Falls. But she also knows if she doesn't leave now, there's a chance she might always regret it. Cass's kids barely spend time at home anymore, only during the summers now that their in college. Could her house be too big for just her? Maybe it's time for her to move on too.
My Thoughts: I adore this series. I love seeing old friends and meeting new people in town. I loved the age difference in these three friends - and how that changed where they were in their life. I enjoyed Grant Masters - he was wise about life. I liked this relationship with his sons. I felt for each of these women in their struggles - as they made potentially wrong turns, but I love how they stuck by each other. The characters make this series for me.  I can't wait for my next visit to this small town.

Cover Thoughts: Beautiful
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: The perfect romance series for the public library.

No comments: