Friday, June 30, 2017

Adult Review: Undateable

Unbeknownst to her, a moment of hangriness becomes captured and turns her into a meme. The Disapproving Librarian makes it rounds and her life blows up. The local online magazine wants to do a series on her. At first, Bernie says no, but then circumstances change.

She agrees to go out with 30 guys in 30 days and prove that she's undateable. Bernie's sensible feminist approach to life has her believing that a make-over and new clothes isn't going to hook her prince charming any time soon. But she's also not one to back away from a challenge.

The reporter, Colin, really needs this series of articles to be a hit to secure his job. He's determined to help Bernie out as much as possible and to prove her wrong. But all the dates she's going on has him thinking that maybe her approach to life isn't wrong...
My Thoughts: I really liked this book. I liked the librarian parts. I enjoyed the awful first dates. I really liked the articles and how they changed over the course of the month. I loved Colin's sister. I loved Bernie's feminism and her beliefs. I liked the magazine angle and the staff members. An enjoyable romance that left me looking forward to the next book in the series. 

Cover Thoughts: Doesn't really scream librarian to me...but it is cute.
Source: My Library
First in a new series.
Library Recommendation: A fun read for your public library's romance section. 

No comments: