Sunday, June 18, 2017

Cozy Review: Silence of the Flans

 *Book 2 in the Emergency Dessert Squad series*
In a moment of kindness, Winnie offers to take an apprentice to help her boyfriend keep a student in good standing. The girl shows up one day and it turns out to be a disaster of a day. The one delivery of the day yields a murder - and the weapon just might very well be the dessert Winnie delivered.

She's just getting back on her feet after her failed bakery attempt due to high rent and she's not about to go down without a fight. But the next few days are silent with no phones ringing.Winnie's determined to figure out what happened to the college student and clear her business's name.
My Thoughts: I really like this series. I love the unique twist on the bakery idea with the ambulance and the delivery system. I really like Winnie and her friends, especially Mr. Nelson. And Lovey the cat adds a little humor to the story. I like the relationships in this series. The banter between them adds to the story. I love the twists and turns of the plot. Plus the desserts in this book make my mouth water. Another sweet addition to the series. 

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My Library
Fun Fact: Laura Bradford is coming to my library for an event on Tuesday!
Library Recommendation: A great cozy series just perfect for foodies. Highly recommended for your public library. 

No comments: