Sunday, June 11, 2017

Adult Review: About a Dog

 * First in a new series *
Mac left her hometown directly after her wedding that wasn't and she hasn't returned. Now her best friend is getting married and she's the maid of honor. She can't wiggle her way out of this one. to make matters worse, Emma has asked her to look after her brother during the wedding week. What the bride doesn't know is that Mac and her brother has a romantic past.

Mac isn't thrilled about being thrown together with Gavin, especially given their history. But she's making the best of it. She's happy to see her aunts, she's happy to be back with her friends, and she's even happy to see Gavin. Even if her is off limits and even if he isn't giving up.
My Thoughts: I adored this start of a series and I can't wait to go back to Bluff Point and read more. I loved the small town charm. I loved the bridal party and their moments together. I loved their banter and easy friendship. I adored Gavin. I like how he didn't give up. I love the aunts and their outlook on life. I loved Tulip, she stole the book in some ways. I really enjoyed Mac and how she changed a bit over the course of the book. I enjoyed her moments with arch nemesis. A entertaining read with great friendships, strong family ties, and a fun romance. September can't come soon enough! 

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My Library
Next Book: Barking Up the Wrong Tree due out in September
Library Recommendation: Get this one for your public libraries! 

No comments: