Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Review: Liar and Spy

Georges moves into a new building (same school) in Brooklyn. His father sees a notice posted about a Spy Club and makes a comment on it. Georges attends the first meeting where he meets Safer.

Safer has some interesting ideas about the people in the building. He's always watching them either through the lobby cameras or through his binoculars. He starts training Georges in spy craft.

The stranger the lessons get, the more Georges starts to wonder if he wants Safer for his friend.

My Thoughts: I felt let down after hearing all the hype from this book. I mean, I liked the book, but I didn't love it. I felt disconnected from the characters. Sure I was curious about Mr X, but that was about it. I thought Georges was amusing and entertaining. I like how he thought. I liked the moments in school, where he brought everyone together. I liked his father. I hated the twists at the end about Georges mother and Safer. I just left me with a terrible taste in my mouth. I wanted to love this book, but I only ended up liking it.

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: My Library

No comments: