Thursday, January 3, 2013

Review: This is What Happy Looks Like

*** This books will be available on April 2, 2013 ***

When Ellie receives an email asking her to take a pet for a walk, she never dreams that it will change her life. Ellie responds because the thought of a dog waiting for a walk makes her sad. Graham returns the email, thanking her and explaining that he sent the email to the the wrong address, and oh by the way, he doesn't have a dog, he has a pet pig.

They start to have a relationship over emails. Graham is attempting to be a regular guy, only he doesn't live a normal life. He's a mega-star. Soon, he's off on location. shooting his latest movie. When the small town location falls through, he adamantly suggests a small town in Maine --the town where Ellie lives.

When they come face to face will everything blow up or will it be amazing?

My Thoughts: I LOVED this book. I tore through it in one sitting, I couldn't put it down. I loved the small town of Maine. I could picture myself there eating ice cream and hanging out by the water. I loved the relationship and how it grew between Ellie and Graham. I love the romance, but the whole book was fantastic. I loved the small town charm and how the town changed when a movie production company disturbed the natural flow of life. I liked the layers: Ellie's friendship drama with her best friend, Ellie trying to figure out her family life, Ellie trying to hide her life from the paparazzi. I didn't want this book to end, it was too good to let go of. 

Cover Thoughts: I Love it! It looks similar to her previous book, I love the Happy "smile" and the silhouettes. 
Source: ARC from Little Brown
Websitehttp://www.jenniferesmith.com/

1 comment:

Judith said...

I absolutely loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and I'm very excited to read more books by Jennifer E. Smith. Especially after your part about the small town, which sounds charming :) Can't wait to read this!