Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review: Crimson Frost

 **4th Book in the Mythos Academy series - contains SPOILERS from previous books**


Gwen's world is crumbling before her eyes.Her first official date with Logan is a complete disaster when his father shows up. Mr. Quinn is on the Protectorate Board. He wants to charge Gwen with willfully allowing Loki (God of Chaos) to escape.


Gwen's dumbfounded with this charge as she did everything in her power to stop the god from rising. Now the student body hates her and she's on trial for her life.


Gwen has a handful of friends, her Grandmother, and a few teachers who believe in her. The rest of the world hurls insults at her and makes her life completely miserable.


Can Gwen convince the Protectorate Board that she's not the person responsible?

My Thoughts: I ADORE this series for so many reasons: the hot romance, the awesome library, the action, the danger, and Gwen's ability to kick butt! I'm so addicted to it and I can't wait for the next book. In this installment of the series, I love how Gwen's friends and family surround her with love. They give her the strength she needs.  I love how the action unfolds, with more danger than ever before.  The action and the danger make this series one I devour. Beyond the action and danger, there's so much emotional torment in this novel.  I feel for Gwen as she goes through the roughest patch of her life.  As much as I hated the ending, I understood the reasoning behind it. It leaves me curious to uncover what will happen next.

Cover Thoughts: I love it! I especially love the bits of purple from her shirt to her eyes to her necklace that tie the cover together.
Source: Netgalley
Up Next: Midnight Frost - out at the end of July


No comments: