Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review: Dear Mr. Potter

I can't remember when I first heard about this book - only that no library in my library system owned it.  Finally I looked outside my library system and got the chance to read it.

It was everything I thought it was going to be and more. I wasn't surprised by people's love for Harry Potter or any of the other fantastic characters from the series. I wasn't surprised by the depths of their feelings. However, I was surprised at how many people said the Harry Potter books saved them. Many of them has horrible things happening to them and their only salvation was Harry Potter.

This book broke my heart and made me cry but it always made me smile through the tears. These fans adored Harry Potter. To them, the series, isn't just books or movies; it's a world of magic.

I loved the photographs of people in costume, of people at the parks, and of people reading the books. I loved the drawings and illustrations. I loved that the letters were mixed with average people plus John Green and several other famous fans in the Harry Potter World. One of the most heartbreaking was actress Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood).

If you're a Harry Potter Fan, you need to read this book!  This book made me think of what Harry Potter meant to me. I had so many feelings after reading this book that I'm writing my own letter, which I'll post tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh, this one sounds great and I can't find it in a Library ANYWHERE!! I may have to go sit in a B&N for awhile some weekend to "browse" through it, LOL.