Friday, January 4, 2013

Review: Unremembered

*** This book will be out March 5th ***

In the Pacific Ocean, Freedom Airlines Flight 121 crashes. The world is stunned to find an unharmed 16 year girl among the wreck. She has NO memories -not of boarding the plane, not of her name, and not of her life before the crash.

She's being held in a medical facility undergoing tests while the media waits for more news. Her tale is the hottest news story around the world. She's famous.

No one comes to claim her and because she's under age, she needs a foster family - a temporary home until a more permanent solution can be reached. One family takes her in and she spends a little time getting used to the world.

Then she spies a familiar face and all these questions pop into her head. How far is she willing to go to discover the truth of her identity?
My Thoughts: I adored Jessica Brody's previous novels: Karma Club, My Life Undecided, and 52 Reasons to Hate My Father. She's one of  my must read authors. So I confess, I didn't really look too deeply into her new book because I already knew that I was going to read it. I was unprepared for the genre switch.

It's no surprise that I loved this book, even though it through my for a loop.

At first it reminded me of LOST: the airplane crash and figuring out how to survive without knowledge. UNREMEMBERED is the story of Seraphina attempting to uncover her past while trying to understand her future. She's acclimating to pop culture and having a family watching over her. The more she digs into her past, the more layers we also uncover with her. Science and technology play an important role, changing the boundaries of the world. Science and technology are also responsible for the danger that Seraphina finds herself in. Plus, a romance is at the heart of the story. While there are several plot points, they come together naturally. They also unravel like onions, revealing more questions than answers at times. 

It's the first book of a trilogy and I can't wait to read more!

Cover Thoughts: I Love it - the blurriness of the girl's face matches her thoughts perfectly.
Source: ARC

1 comment:

fredamans said...

I loved all 3 of those books too and have been trying to get an arc of Unremembered, to no avail... but I will read it, even if I buy it in March.