Friday, November 9, 2018

Red Book Tag


Created by Awkwordly Emma
I adore Taylor Swift and her songs.  I think I love them so much because each one tells a story. I think Red is probably one of my favorite albums ever. Since Jessica from Just Another Teen Reading tagged me, I've been listening to it nonstop in the car. Do you have a favorite song from that album? 

I'm going to try to fill this out with books I've read this year. I confess I took out the negative ones because I feel bad about answering them.

State of Grace - "And I never saw you coming/And I'll never be the same."

A book you unexpectedly loved.

Front Desk by Kelly Yang
I cried at the end of this book. It was powerful and blew me away.

Red - "Faster than the wind, passionate as sin/Ending so suddenly."

A book that was a whirlwind experience to read.
Catwoman by Sarah J. Maas
Sarah J Maas has a gift for writing twists that I never see coming.

I Knew You Were Trouble - "I knew you were trouble when you walked in/So shame on me now."

A favorite villain.
Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts

She was pure evil
Although I do Love Jessica's pick with Neverseen,  They'd be my second choice.

All Too Well - "But maybe this thing was a masterpiece til you tore it all up."

A book or series you think is a masterpiece.

Good Luck with That by Kristan Higgins

Friendship - empowerment - love - being comfortable in your own skin. There's nothing to change about this book - it's just that good!

22 - "We're happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way."
A happy, carefree book.
Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian

This book had me a feminist and ice cream. And it was Everything I wanted it to be.

Stay Stay Stay - "So I think it's best if we both stay."

A book with a happily ever after (or a happily ever for now).
Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis
I adore Jill Shalvis - her books always make me happy!

The Last Time - "Put my name at the top of your list."
A book written by two authors.
The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare by Shannon Hale
I adore this series - it's smart, cute, and the ladies always kick butt.

Holy Ground - "But I don't wanna dance if I'm not dancing with you."

A relationship that doesn't continue past the last page of the book.

I honestly don't think I've read one of these this year. 

Sad Beautiful Tragic - "What a sad beautiful tragic love affair."

Your favorite sad book.
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
I Read this one for Andi at Andis ABCs and it was great and I cried like a baby.

The Lucky One - "Another name goes up in lights, like diamonds in the sky."

A popular character (within their book or within the book lovers' community).
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Percy Jackson!

Everything Has Changed - "All I know since yesterday is everything has changed."

A friends-turned-lovers story. (Inspired by that adorable music video.)
I had never seen that video before - it is cute!
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
This is one of my favorite tropes.

Starlight - "I met Bobby on the boardwalk, summer of '45."

Your favorite historical fiction story.

Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah MacLean
I love a great historical romance and Sarah's books always hit the spot.

Begin Again - "But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again."

A book you wanted to reread as soon as you'd finished it.
The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
I don't do many re-read but this one was so fun, I didn't want it to end.

That was fun! Thank you to Jessica for tagging me! Please join in the fun if you feel inspired and haven't been tagged. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

A lot of the books you mentioned are actually on my TBR list! I keep hearing great things about Stay Sweet, I really need to try and read it. Great answers! And now I need to go listen to Red again! (And my favorite song from the album? It's really hard to pick just one, but Holy Ground has always been a favorite for me!) :)