Sunday, February 2, 2014

Adult Review: Perfect Match

* 2nd book in the Blue Heron series*

Honor thought her friendship with Brogan meant more than friendship. She thought he could be a perfect life partner. Unfortunately, her best friend thought the same thing. One night, at a bar, they confess that they've just happened to fall in love and they're getting married.

Honor's devastated - having lost both her best friends. She tries to do what she always does by throwing herself in her work. But her father decided that it's high time for her to have an assistant or two. Now she's stuck working normal hours and trying to figure out what to do with her life.

She ends up with a blind date for a man who needs a green card to stay in the US to be close to his (almost) stepson. Could she settle for less than love and a happily ever after?
My Thoughts: I love the small town of Blue Heron and the Holland Family. I felt bad for Honor and the betrayals from both her best friends. I felt so bad for Tom - who just wanted to have a relationship with Charlie. I loved watching that relationship go through it's ups and downs. I love how Honor and Tom slowly started to become friends and then something more. I loved Mr Holland finally figuring out his path in life and how it added to the story. I can't wait to read more about this family and the town. This book made me cry - hard at the end, but there were also happy tears. I laughed, I cried, and my heart filled with happiness - a perfect book.

Cover Thoughts: Love it
Source: My Library

No comments: