Sunday, February 9, 2014

Adult Review: Anything But Love

Cupcake Lovers Series #3 *

Luke and Rachel had a moment - but that was all they had. She disappeared without a word. He had his almost-brother-in-law track her down. Right before Christmas, he found her again.

Again they had a moment.

Rachel returns to town days later - with a secret. She spent the last year in Sugar Creek incognito. Her real name is Rae and she's an heiress. Now she recognizes that the year she spent in Vermont, was the best year of her life. She made friends, developed feelings for Luke, and now she's in a position to do some good for the community.

Can she make it work or will life have a different plan for her?
My Thoughts: I really love this series - I love the small town charm. I love the chain of gossip and how everyone knows everything. I felt bad for Rae - how she had to make up a different persona to find herself, but I love that she's strong enough to come back and face the town afterwards. I love how Luke's responding to her and how he's finally found a love that could last. I love seeing favorite characters from other books in the series. 

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My Library.

1 comment:

cleemckenzie said...

I'm just tackling writing a sequel, so I know how challenging it is to carry through on characters and sustaining the momentum through a second book. Hats off to writers who can keep a reader engaged through several books.