Friday, June 24, 2016

Review: 11 Things I Promised

Frances isn't adventurous at all, but she promised her BFF that she's participate in the bike tour. She starts training late, not fully committed to the idea. But everything changes when Stella's in an accident.

Now Stella's stuck in the hospital and can't participate. She's angry and hurt and terrified of the future. Frances decides that she's going to ride in Stella's honor.

When she finds a list of ideas Stella created to make the bike ride unforgettable, Frances vows to cross off the items herself - even the ones that scare the bejesus out of her. She might need a little help to make everything happen.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book -  I liked the slow information coming about Stella and what really happened during her accident and how it changed her. I liked how she tackled the list, how she made friends with her teammates, how she stuck with us even through the really bad moments. I liked how Frances and Stella finally talked about everything. Both characters found strength in the events that happened, they grew while apart from each other, but managed to find their way together. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source; My Library
Library Recommendation: Purchase this one for the summer reading program and/or Stella's permanent injuries


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good read about friendships