Thursday, June 30, 2016

Adult Review: Sleepless in Manhattan

 * First in a new trilogy * 
Paige hasn't had an easy life but just when pieces seem to be falling into place, her world comes crashing down. She goes into work one day expecting a raise but leaves without a job. Before Paige can wrap her head around this new chance, her brother's best friend (and her major crush) dares her to start her own events company.

Armed with her two best friends and knowledge, Paige decides to give it a go. Only once she starts, she finds it hard to drum up any clients - until Jake steps in again and offers her a huge job. Can she work with him without allowing her feelings to get in the way?
My Thoughts: I loved the first book in this new trilogy! I adored the friendship between the three girls. I loved the easy way they conversed with Paige's brother and Jake. I love how they had each other's backs. I loved how Paige grew during the book - how she took chances and how she distanced herself from her past. I liked learning more about the events planning business. I loved her determination and her strength. Can't wait to read the next two stories! 

Cover Thoughts: Cute!
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for the romance collection
Final Thoughts: A fun start to a new trilogy in the city that never sleeps (And neither will you if you start this book at night - at least not until you finish it)

No comments: