Thursday, June 2, 2016

Graphic Novel Review: Orange



When Naho begins 11th grade, she receives a letter from her future self about a new boy in school. She's convinced of the truth of the letter from the predictions from earlier that morning. But she's still unsure why she needs to be concerned.

The new boy, Kakeru, will change her life. But unless she watches over him, he will have a terrible future. Naho needs to change the present in order to change the future.

But can she do it?
My Thoughts: I loved this story. I loved watching the future connect with the past and how it might have changed everything for the better. I felt terrible for Naha - she's super shy and has trouble expressing her feelings. There were times when I wanted to shake her because she had answers but she couldn't put herself out there. My heart broke for Kakeru as the book went on and we learned more about him and the heavy burden he carried. I'm so looking forward to seeing what happens next! 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: I devoured this one - love the premise that you can change the future. A great manga for teen readers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this manga! It's wonderful, I usually don't like the slice of life or shoujo genre, but this one was great, it has an interesting story with wonderful characters.