Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tween Tuesday Review: If the Shoe Fits

 *Book 2 in the series -  my review for Fairest of All*

**Tween Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at GreenBeanTeenQueen to highlight great reads for tweens. Join the fun! **

Jonah and Abby have been trying to get back through the mirror - to check on Snow and also to learn about more about Maryrose, the person in the magic mirror.  After nights of trying, the siblings finally fall into the mirror.

 Instead of falling into Snow's story, they drop into a new story. They arrive at a ball - just before the gorgeous stranger princess is announced. When Cinderella runs off at midnight, Abby and Jonah follow her. They let it slip that the Prince wants to marry Cinderella. At first Cinderella doesn't believe them, but then she allows the fairy tale to sink in. Now she's walking around on a cloud of air and waiting for the next few days to be over. Suddenly her fairy godmother appears with news...Cinderella marrying the prince might not happen.

My Thoughts: I love this series!  The twist on the fairy tale changes the story, making me read the book in one sitting. The fairy godmother wants to reward someone who's NOT a damsel in distress, but who can take care of herself. I love this sentiment.  Why wait for a Prince if you can rescue yourself?  I loved the baking scene - where Cinderella learns how to bake brownies. I love how the fairy tale changes with the humorous interferences of Abby and Jonah. So looking forward to the next chapter!

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library. 

No comments: