Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mysterious Saturday Review: To Brie or Not To Brie

(Cheese Shop Mystery Series #4)

Charlotte's gearing up for her cousin's wedding nuptials to her best friend (not to mention setting her own wedding date). She's been working on a brie and blueberry ice cream. Her latest attempt has turned out perfectly and she's teamed up with the ice cream shop down the street in selling it.

 When a stranger turns up murdered in the ice cream shop, everyone in town is talking. It turns out the murder weapon is a container of Charlotte's ice cream. Worse, it turns out the man isn't a stranger - he's connected to Jacky's past.
  
Now the Sheriff's looking at Jacky - who had means and opportunity, but most of all motive. Jordan wants Charlotte to leave this murder alone and trust the Sheriff to look out for his sister. Charlotte's worried about Jacky's future. Plus when people come to her with theories, how can she not  look into them?

My Thoughts: I love this small town series, it's full of charm, great characters, romance, and lots of twists and turns. I loved the moments between Charlotte and Mathew's daughters (Clair and Amy). I felt sad for all of them as they packed up their things to move in with the happy couple. I loved learning more about Jacky and through her, Jordan. While they're likable characters, it's hard to understand them without knowing much about them. I do like uncovering bits of their past along with Charlotte. I can't believe the ending, it makes me long for the next book in the series! All in all, a fabulous installment to the series full of twists and turns, suspects, and theories against the backdrop of a small town charm with romance, friendship, and plenty of gossip

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library.     

No comments: