Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Songs from Movies

This week's topic is another one about titles. I'm not good at making up titles, so I'm changing the topic. I'm talking about songs that when they come on the radio remind me of a movie scene. Not musicals - obviously. And not songs written for the movies (that I know of)



This is a favorite movie from my childhood. I never hear this song without thinking of this movie.
Adventures in Babysitting - Then He Kissed Me by The Crystals



I do love a good dance scene!
Love Actually - Jump by The Pointer Sisters



Another Hugh Grant movie...
I love the time lapse here. Clever. 
Notting Hill  - Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone by Billy Withers


And more Hugh Grant.
I especially like Happy Birthday whatshisname 
Bridget Jones's Diary - The Weather Girls

Another fun dance scene
13 Going on 30 - Thriller by Michael Jackson


More dancing. Oh, how I wish I could dance
Center Stage - The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson


Obviously this one.

Pretty Woman - Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison



And this one too come to think of it
Pretty Woman and Kiss by Prince


And really anything from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack

What songs take you back to a movie?

6 comments:

Lydia said...

This was such a fun post. :)

My TTT.

iloveheartlandX said...

Ah yes, Thriller definitely always makes me think of that scene from 13 Going On 30!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/10/22/top-ten-tuesday-234/

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

Any Dirty Dancing song makes me think of that movie and makes me happy. :)

My TTT.

Cora - Tea Party Princess said...

I think that the Jump scene in Love Actually is my favourite - makes me smile every time, especially at the end when he's caught haha.
Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer said...

I loved your twist! So many of my favorites as well. Especially the Adventures in Babysitting one.

Here's my TTT! :)

P M Prescott said...

Yes sometimes the music or soundtrack makes the movie. I can think of a bunch now that you've opened up that line of thought. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/