Sunday, October 6, 2019

Meeting Elizabeth Eulberg (Again)

On Thursday night, I went to RJ Julia's where Elizabeth Eulberg was speaking. Or I thought she was speaking. It turns out, it was a book club for her latest book. 

This was a new experience for me, but it was really interesting to talk about the book and have the author answer questions or give little details on to way that happened.

We were talking about her newest book, Past Perfect Life, which I quite enjoyed. You can see my review here

Past Perfect Life

I've read her books and met her a few times at BEA, so it was nice to see her again. I also won a skype visit for the library. That was also really great.

Here are 10 Facts we learned:
Past Perfect Life is based on a real news story.
The boy was 18, so he could make his own choices
The working title was Before/After 
The ending changed
The large family was based off of Eulberg's family
She used her cousins' names in the book
She picked Tampa because it was the polar opposite of a small town life in Wisconsin
Her next book is a middle grade novel 
It involves a time capsule from 1989.
She wrote it to a playlist from that era.

If you liked this book, here are my recommendations:


And here we are together:

No comments: