Friday, October 25, 2019

Review: Better Than the Best Plan

Better Than the Best Plan
Ritzy can't believe her whole summer changed. One day her mom was talking about leaving and the next day...she was gone. Ritzy carries on like nothing's changed, but someone finds out.

When social services can't get a hold of her mother, Ritzy's placed into foster care. She uncovers the truth about her past - that she's been in the system before. Her former foster mother takes her in.

Kristin seems nice, so does her husband. She's trying really hard. But Ritzy's been taking care of herself for as long as she can remember; she's not used to rules.

How can you plan for the future when everything changes?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. My heart broke for Ritzy has her whole life was turned upside down. And then she learned about her past. I enjoyed Kristin and her husband - how they tried to help her. I liked the friendship and the romance. I enjoyed watching Ritzy navigate through a different social world. - that part reminded me of Rory Gilmore. I enjoyed the family dynamics here - because sometimes people do get to chose their families. I really liked seeing a book about foster families - especially in older YA. And of course right before all the really hard decisions about the characters future. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public libraries!

No comments: