Monday, November 6, 2017

Review: Changes in Latitudes

Cassie wants life to return to normal - but after her parent's divorce that's never going to happen. She's still angry over her mom's betrayal.  And then her mom drops another bombshell on her life.

Her once perfectly planned summer of hanging out with her friends is gone. Instead she'll be spending the summer on a boat sailing from Oregon to Mexico. Plus their home will be rented out to help make ends meet.

Cassie couldn't be more unhappy or more furious. She's had enough changes in her life without adding this one. And without any say in the matter. She's not the one who broke up the family.

When they meeting their boating companions, Cassie's happy to discover Jonah's close to her age. They spend time together getting to know each other and flirting, but underneath could their be real feelings?
My Thoughts: I really liked this book. I understood Cassie's anger to her mother. I liked how they eventually talked about everything. I loved Cassie's relationship with Drew and how she tried to shield him even though he's old enough to understand. I felt terrible for her - missing her old life and carrying such a heavy secret. She didn't always act maturely about it, but her actions and reactions were normal. I loved her banter with Jonah. I really liked the sailing part of the story - both the good moments and the frustrating moments. I'm not sure I could do that, but it sounds like an amazing adventure. Another winner from Jen Malone!

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Grab this travel romance for the family drama and the sailing.

No comments: