Wednesday, November 8, 2017

NaNoWriMo: 2017

Last year was the first year in a LONG time I didn't participate in NaNoWriMo - because I was working on editing my novel all last year. I realized that if I finished it, then I would be able to write again. This made me get my butt in gear. It's always hard to think the manuscript is finished because there are always things to write differently and ways to improve. But I called it quits on Friday and by Wednesday, I was back writing.



So here's what I'm writing about: it the last companion novel in my book set - all Jane Austen novels. It's the retelling of Sense and Sensibility

Here's the mock-up cover:

It's very simple. And I have no idea how lollipops will play into it - yet.

For right now, I'm just having fun writing again.

But since I try for 2,000 words/day, this space might get a little less active. Although I'll try not to make that happen. Plus, I'm reading less because of all the writing. 

Today I'm at 15,000 words and striving for another 1,000 to hit my goal for the day.

If you're also writing, good luck!
And add me as a buddy (yabooknerd)

No comments: