Thursday, November 16, 2017

I Never

On New Year’s Eve in Cabo, Janey’s world changed when her parents announce they are getting divorced. On the plane home, in own world, she accidentally sings aloud to her ipod.

She’s mortified when she realizes the cutest boy in school is sitting in front of her and overheard her singing. But that might not be a bad thing, because know he acknowledges her in school. Then Luke asks her out for coffee after track practice one day.

Janey tries not to read too much into it, but she’s more than pleased about the date.  She doesn’t want to jinx it. They have a really great time together. She’s not sure why Luke picked her, but she couldn’t be happier. The more time they spend together, the deeper she falls for him. Could he be her first everything?
My Thoughts: I loved this book. I tore through it wanting to know what would happen. And it's great for covering all aspects of sex. Some decide to have sex. Some decide to wait. Parents talk about sex with their kid. Teens talk about their parents having sex. The whole book revolves are sex and relationships. It's honest and frank and positive. I Never is this generation's Forever. I look forward to reading Laura Hopper's sophomore novel. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute - I get it after reading it
Source: Reviewed for Voya

Library Recommendation: Because of the honest nature, this might be one school librarians won't stock, but it's one that should be in all public libraries. I won’t be surprised when this book circulates like wildfire from word of mouth reviews. And it might be one of those most stolen books (you know the ones I mean)

No comments: