Friday, November 3, 2017

Middle Grade Review: Ghost of a Chance

 * Book 2 in the 100 Dresses series *
The castle has calmed down since Darling thwarted evil plans, until a ghost is on the loose. Or at least, that's what Darling and her friends think. Items have gone missing - either stolen or replaced in weird positions.

Darling even has trouble with the Princess and her nemesis. Stuck in trouble until she can solve the mystery, Darling's working hard to keep her nose clean during the day and solve the mystery at night. With the help of her two friends, they're determined to find the castle ghost.

At least Darling has the help of the dresses to assist her in a disguise. But once that backfires, things get ugly. She can't reveal the truth about anything and it's hurting her standing in the castle. Can she solve the mystery before the Princess banishes her?
My Thoughts: I loved this book. I loved learning more about the castle and the people working in it. I love that Darling was nice to her nemesis - even if it did cost her. I like how she worked hard to make up for the disappointment. I loved the library scenes. I love how Darling and Roger chance the ghost - even though it creeps her out. I love how learns more about her family, especially her mother.  That ending was sweet. I hope there are many more books planned in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Cute!
Source: My Library
If You Like...
Library Recommendation: This series is fantastic! - order it for both your school and public libraries! 

1 comment:

Jordan @ForeverLostinLiterature said...

This one sounds like so much fun! I really love the cover artwork also, there's so much going on. Definitely will be adding this one to my TBR, thanks for sharing your review!