Friday, February 17, 2017

Review: Out of Tune

When Maya's loses his job, money becomes tight. With her mother able to work from anywhere, her parents decide to chase their dreams. They sell their house and purchase an RV - they can travel around the country. Maya's devastated at losing her best friend and leaving Nashville weeks before try outs for Dueling Duets, a signing competition that could make her career.

Maya can't believe her bad luck especially since she had the perfect partner in Jack (the cutest boy in school). Now she's making a list of ways to get back home. Except all the ideas are terrible, but Maya's determined to make it home before the big day.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I felt bad for Maya for missing out on the competition. I loved watching her struggle to find a way back home and how nothing ever worked out the way she thought it would. I really liked Shiver and Bug and Remy. I loved seeing the sights through Maya's eyes. But I know it would be super hard to pack all my books into a RV and hard to live there with little to no privacy. Of course Maya makes a ton of mistakes, but she has a good heart that leads her to discover the important things.

Cover Thoughts: Love
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Perfect for tween collections in schools and public libraries, especially those in need of more artsy books. 

No comments: