Thursday, February 2, 2017

Adult Review: Do You Want to Start a Scandal

* Book 5 in the Spindle Cover series *
At the ball, Charlotte spies the man she needs to warn about her mother. As he heads into the library, she follows. But before she can make her point and leave, they're interrupted. When Charlotte and Lord Granville are discovered leaving the library, a scandal threatens. Lord Granville offers to marry her.

This is exactly what Charlotte wanted to prevent from happening. She isn't about to marry into a loveless marriage and Lord Granville isn't the kind of man who's looking for love. Charlotte's determined to discover the identity of the real couple in the library and therefore gain back her independence.

But their stolen moments together hint at something else entirely. Could Charlotte be wrong about Piers?
My Thoughts: For some reason, I thought this was book 1 in the series, not realizing it was book 5 until I was already halfway through. So I kept reading, but now i need to go back and read the first four books. I really liked Charlotte - how she wasn't thrilled with her mother throwing her in the path of eligible men, how she and her best friend had big plans that didn't include marriage - yet, and how she wanted to clear her name if this misunderstanding. The chemistry between Charlotte and Piers was great. I loved their banter. I loved his job and how Charlotte changed all that. I enjoyed the book taking place during a house party. A very entertaining read, I'm so looking forward to the rest of the books in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library

No comments: